About the Educational Support Programme
The Programme is a unique, flexible and proactive training initiative that focuses on the present abilities of the student. Using an in-house initial assessment, we are able to identify where the student needs help.
The Programme covers a variety of subjects which engages our studentsí
in open debate that in our experience develops mutual respect and effective
communication skills which gives each student the forum to express their
personal opinion on topical subjects.
ESP Programme Content:
Health and safety laws
Social behaviour (anti-social behaviour)
Improving literacy and numeracy
Health & Safety
- Safety awareness in school and home environments
- Procedures and regulations
- Drug awareness
- Healthy eating
- About us
- Self assessment
- What roles do I play
- Building self confidence/self esteem
Social Behaviour (anti social behaviour)
- Different types of behaviour
- Strategies for managing types of behaviour
- Language & Listening skills
- How do I communicate
- What's a team
- Building a team
- What role do I play
- Attitudes to study
- Organising and planning study times
- Suitable places for study
- Effective use of resources
Improving Literacy & Numeracy
- Phonics & spelling
- Sentence construction
- Multiplication and division
- Problem solving
- Games, puzzles & activities to support learning
All students will be expected to take some responsibility for working towards their aims and objectives.
This responsibility will involve attendance, punctuality, participation and some level of dedication to doing the task set out for the day.
Student incentive awards
Incentive awards will also be given to students who demonstrate good team work, good behaviour and self-control and overall effort in developing their numeracy and literacy skills. There are opportunities for students to achieve accredited ASDAN awards.