About Educational Support Programme (ESP)
The Educational Support Programme (ESP) is designed for students aged 11-16 yrs for whom the school environment has been difficult to manage.
The Programme takes into account the student's needs and changing conditions. It is a flexible, intensive, responsive approach, which we believe motivates young people into further education.
The ultimate aim of the Programme is to re-direct young people back into learning and self-development, within the school's curriculum. The Programme we have designed is not too rigid or formal as this may prevent the student from attending. There will be an individual development plan for each student. His/her needs will be recognised and reviewed periodically throughout the term. Realistic and achievable academic targets will be put in place for the students for the duration of their training.
Some students may have behavioural issues in mainstream schools and we believe that they are more likely to respond to the informal approach with clear boundaries.
Realistic targets will reflect their abilities and strengths while at the same time stretching the student and provoking a measured degree of challenge
Our ultimate goal is to re-direct young people back into learning and self development. ESP will strive for effective intervention today for success in the school and community tomorrow.
We aim to do this based on the following principles:
- Commitment: to inspire strong interpersonal skills, and instill a sense of hope in the future.
- Responsibility: to empower youth in establishing goals and following through on commitments.
- Partnership: In partnership with parents, teachers, and the wider community, ESP will provide an education for all students which will prepare them for academic and social success
- Support: An individual is dramatically influenced by their support system. Education support programme wants to surround young people in a caring, inclusive learning environment.
- To provide educational support and mentoring for children and young people 'at risk' of exclusion from the education system.
- Deliver an effective training program that will increase the young person's ability to be pro-active and solution orientated for the purpose of their personal development. A successful individual
- The program will create partnerships with local schools and other statutory agencies, i.e. YOS. We match a caring adult mentor with a referred youth.
- Establish a strong network of support within the school systems.
- We will provide a safe, structured learning environment that promotes academic and social growth for students to attain their highest levels of success.